Visiting ILCA Connect for the first time?
Already clicked "I Agree" and still seeing this screen?
Please return to ilca.org and sign in. Once signed in, please return to connect.ilca.org to access your communities.
Need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA) is the professional association for International Board Certified Lactation Consultants® (IBCLC®) and other healthcare professionals who provide lactation support. We have created online communities with the goal of stimulating dialogue on global lactation advocacy in a safe and productive manner.
By joining and using the ILCA CONNECT community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
When posting in the ILCA CONNECT Community, our rules are as follows:
- Keep it friendly and positive. We are here to support one another as we provide and expand lactation support worldwide.
- Stay focused on ILCA’s values, vision, and mission. We have one overriding objective: creating an inclusive dialogue that will help to transform world health through breastfeeding/chestfeeding and skilled lactation care. While we understand that many of our supporters may be active in other issues, we ask that you not post on topics that may divide our community. These include politics, religion, abortion, and circumcision (except when these topics are within the scope of lactation and are handled with respect for all community members).
- Post messages in the appropriate group or forum. Please locate the appropriate group or forum for your message and share once. Do not spam several lists with the same message. All messages should add to the body of knowledge of our community.
- Do not promote products/services. Please do not promote your business, sell items, fundraise for organizations other than ILCA, or conduct business in our community. If you would like to promote an event and are unsure if it falls within our guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Avoid personal attacks. Please manage disagreements thoughtfully and respectfully. We value the conversations that will help us all learn more by engaging in healthy dissent. Please ensure that your comments respectfully articulate your disagreement with a person’s ideas and do not attack the individual. We want our community to be a safe space and reserve the right to delete comments that are abusive or do not respect community members. Any poster whose comments are deleted more than twice will be subject to being banned from the ILCA CONNECT community.
- Respect all members of our community. Comments that are racist, classist, sexist, homophobic, or transphobic will not be tolerated. Similarly, comments that reflect intolerance of, or hostility to, people of different genders/gender expressions, ages, abilities, sizes, nationalities, ethnicities or religions are prohibited and may be deleted.
- No medical or legal advice. No information that ILCA shares should be construed as medical or legal advice. ILCA CONNECT cannot provide medical or legal advice online or respond to specific requests for support around a specific issue. Please contact your healthcare provider or lawyer or refer your client to an appropriate health care provider for health care concerns.
- Keep your personal information safe. We strongly discourage you from sharing personal information, such as your phone, address, or email address, in any social media platform including ILCA CONNECT.
- Do not post material you do not own. Please do not share photos, videos, articles, or other information that you are not the author or creator of or for which you do not have permission.
- Be aware of libel, slander, and antitrust laws. Be aware that comments made in the ILCA CONNECT community are subject to the appropriate local, national, and international laws.
- Please bring your questions about our community policy to a moderator. If you have questions about this policy, please feel free to message a moderator privately or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This community is intended to be used as a forum for discussion that will help to transform world health through breastfeeding and skilled lactation care. Please do not post publicly with questions about why your comment was deleted. If you are truly unsure, contact us and we’re happy to share with you our reasoning.
Additionally, these guidelines apply to the resource modules:
The Resource Module is exclusively for ILCA Members. Please be aware that this chat and this Resource Module are open to all ILCA members and expert guests. Any content you share in this conversation and in this module can be seen by all who have access to the Resource Module.
Honor the confidentiality of the Resource Module participants. The information in this Resource Module is private to its members and shared only for the benefit of those participating in the Module. Under no circumstances are screen shots, cutting-and-pasting, or other methods of reproduction of content, comments, or tools allowed without the express permission of the author or commenter and an ILCA moderator. Sharing from the Resource Module without permission is grounds for removal from the ILCA Resource Modules.
Honor intellectual property and copyright. Please do not share information to the Resource Modules unless you have the rights to do so. Please cite where appropriate. For example, it is appropriate to share a link to an abstract for a research article. It is not appropriate to share a PDF of a research article (unless it is open source).
Security of the Resource Modules. ILCA contracts with Higher Logic to provide access to the CONNECT site. Higher Logic provides security for your participation here on the site. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Honor your ethical and legal obligations around protecting patient information. Every participant on the CONNECT site is bound by the ethical obligations of their credential and/or role in the lactation community as well as local laws dictating the safeguarding of the privacy of the families they serve. During chats, you are expected to honor your ethical and legal obligations by avoiding sharing identifying information and taking any and all other safeguards that are appropriate.
Sharing levels of evidence. While sharing information in Resource Modules, you are encouraged to identify the available level of evidence. For example, you may choose to say “in my personal clinical experience” when sharing your observations not currently supported by available research. When sharing research, providing links to the article is encouraged.
We are grateful for the community’s knowledge. We are grateful that you have chosen to share information with the ILCA community and value your contributions. These contributions taken together represent the wisdom of our community. The information shared here does not construe endorsement by ILCA in any way. You can find ILCA-endorsed resources here on the ILCA website and in the collection of Inside Track.
If you feel the guidelines are being violated, please contact one of moderators at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Legal Rules
This site is provided as a service for the members of International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA). ILCA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ILCA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ILCA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
Any person posting messages grants to ILCA the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such postings and their content in the discretion of ILCA.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ILCA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ILCA we will take all appropriate action.
ILCA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules.
We Respect Your Privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and email address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below or as otherwise granted (please see your member profile for details or to edit your preferences).
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through this Site
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us at email@example.com.